Descendants of Francis Jones
Generation No. 1
1. Francis1 Jones was born December 04, 1822 in China, Maine, and died November 1898 in Belfast, Maine. He married Eliza B. Pinkam.
Notes for Francis Jones:
From the Obituary. Francise Jones came from a line of ancestry of the staunch old stock of the Society of Friends. The tenets of that Society, of honor, industry and integrity, were his through life, and he died as he had lived, honored and respected by all who knew him. His was a long, useful and honorable life-in his family, in business, in municipal affairs and in society. He worked on the home farm in China until he was about thirty years old, when he went into the lime business in Lincolnville, his kilns being at the foot of the pond. In 1865 he sold out the lime business and returned to the farm in China. There he built up a large business in cattle and sheep, besides the regular work of the farm. His son, Frank A. Jones was connected with him in this business, having a meat wagon and routes to the neighboring towns and villages. In 1885 they came to Belfast and established a market and bakery, but soon after sold out and frank went into other business. The father bought land on Northport Ave., where he raised swine and sheep, which gave him the work for mind and body which his long life of activity demanded. He always took an interest in municipal affairs. He represented his class in legislature in 1879, and for six years prior to that was one of the selectmen of China. He is buried in the family lot in China, Maine.
Children of Francis Jones and Eliza Pinkam are:
2 i. Frank2 Jones.
3 ii. Edna Jones.
4 iii. Ellan Jones.
5 iv. Emma Jones.
+ 6 v. Wilfred Elmer Jones, born 1867; died 1944.
Generation No. 2
6. Wilfred Elmer2 Jones (Francis1) was born 1867, and died 1944. He married Harriet Leonese Gilmore March 02, 1890 in Unknown, daughter of Fredrick Gilmore and Adelaide S.Bagley.
Notes for Wilfred Elmer Jones:
Wilfred Jones owned and operated a candy store in Bangor Maine. He is buried in Bangor.
Notes for Harriet Leonese Gilmore:
From the Obituary. It is of great sorrow that the many friends in Belfast learned of the sudden death in Bangor of Mrs. Harriet L. Jones, wife of Wilfred E. Jones, formerly of this city. Although she had been ill for some time with Angina Pectoris, she had of late been much better and the end came without warning. Mrs. Jones was born in Belfast in 1867, the daughter of the late Captain Fred A. Gilmore and Adelaide S. Bagley. In 1890 she married Mr. Jones who for many years was in business in Belfast and later in Newport, R.I. New York City and Somerville Mass. For some time they lived in Bangor where their only daughter, Francis, wife of Leroy Paul is now located. Besides her husband and daughter she is survived by a grandson, Wilfred Paul and a grand-daughter, Marion Paul of Bangor and by one sister, Mrs. Austin W. Keating of Belfast. Funeral services will be held Friday at the home of her daughter at 117 Norway Road, Bangor and the remains will be brought to Belfast. A number of relatives and friends will go to Bangor tomorrow to attend the service. Mrs. Jones was of an exceptionally pleasing personality and made many friends wherever she went, never losing a friend once made and her frequent visits to Belfast have kept her in touch with her schoolgirl friends throughout the years.
Child of Wilfred Jones and Harriet Gilmore is:
+ 7 i. Frances J.3 Jones, born February 18, 1893 in Rockland, Maine; died January 17, 1971 in Belfast, Maine.
Generation No. 3
7. Frances J.3 Jones (Wilfred Elmer2, Francis1) was born February 18, 1893 in Rockland, Maine, and died January 17, 1971 in Belfast, Maine. She married Leroy A. Paul March 02, 1912 in Belfast ME., son of Adelbert Paul and Hattie Woodbury.
Notes for Frances J. Jones:
From the Obituary. Mrs. Frances J. Paul, 77, widow of Leroy A. Paul, died unexpectedly in a Belfast hospital Sunday. She was born at Rockland Feb. 18, 1893, daughter of Wilder E. and Harriet (Gilmore) Jones. She is survived by one son, L. Wilfred Paul of Northport; one daughter, Mrs. Marion Field of this town of Belfast; two grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren and one cousin. Funeral services will be held at 2p.m. Wednesday at the Ratcliffe Funeral Home conducted by Dr. Daniel Fenner of the First Church of Belfast. Interment will be in Grove Cemetery in Belfast.
Notes for Leroy A. Paul:
Leroy was a farmer and a automobile dealer, He resided in Belfast, Bangor and Morril Maine. He owned and operated a Dodge dealership at the Belfast circle across the street from the post office and was a landmark for years till it was torn down to build a bank.
Children of Frances Jones and Leroy Paul are:
+ 8 i. Leroy Wilfred4 Paul, born March 10, 1913 in Bangor ME.; died June 1975 in Belfast ME..
Generation No. 4
8. Leroy Wilfred4 Paul (Frances J.3 Jones, Wilfred Elmer2, Francis1) was born March 10, 1913 in Bangor ME., and died June 1975 in Belfast ME.. He married Helene Cameron May 13, 1931 in Bangor ME., daughter of George Cameron and Catherine Curran.
Children of Leroy Paul and Helene Cameron are:
+ 10 i. Leroy Wilfred Paul5 Jr., born May 21, 1933 in Belfast ME..
Generation No. 5
10. Leroy Wilfred Paul5 Jr. (Leroy Wilfred4 Paul, Frances J.3 Jones, Wilfred Elmer2, Francis1) was born May 21, 1933 in Belfast ME.. He married Beverly Day November 11, 1955.
Children of Leroy Jr. and Beverly Day are:
12 i. Kim Marie6 Paul, born October 18, 1957.
11. Cynthia A.5 Paul (Leroy Wilfred4, Frances J.3 Jones, Wilfred Elmer2, Francis1) was born August 14, 1936 in Bangor ME.. She married Robert Edward Gray June 06, 1957 in Belfast ME., son of Carl Gray and Ethel Boynton.
Children of Cynthia Paul and Robert Gray are:
Generation No. 6
16. Timothy Paul6 Gray (Cynthia A.5 Paul, Leroy Wilfred4, Frances J.3 Jones, Wilfred Elmer2, Francis1) was born December 31, 1957 in Belfast Maine. He married (1) Lauri Daignau. He married (2) Robin Celia Coward March 16, 1996 in Raymond, New Hampshire.
Child of Timothy Gray and Lauri Daignau is:
19 i. Amanda Marie7 Gray, born February 06, 1980 in Frankfurt, Germany.
17. Michael Robert6 Gray (Cynthia A.5 Paul, Leroy Wilfred4, Frances J.3 Jones, Wilfred Elmer2, Francis1) was born March 13, 1960 in Belfast, Maine.. He married Laura Mulry April 01, 1989 in Everett Ma., daughter of George Mulry and Ann Troy.
Children of Michael Gray and Laura Mulry are:
20 i. Michael Gray7 JR., born October 07, 1990.